Your little pup always deserves a special care from you. When you want to take care of dog, you have to be conscious of your pet’s health.
However, your pet’s physical condition depends not merely on the foods it eats but also on the sanitation of the skin.
Obviously, to keep up the hygiene of your furry dog, it is essential to clean his skin daily. A dog’s skin may collect lots of mud and dirt, and if they are not removed at the right time, then your dog’s will have allergy and many other horrible diseases.
But, you cannot use your own shampoo for cleaning your dog because the constituents may not suit him. There are some special biodegradable shampoos, intended only for dogs.
Some of these shampoos, their ingredients and their cleansing effects are reviewed here.
A brief look at those products, from various brands, may help you to choose one easily.
1. Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo
No products found.
- Biodegradable shampoo
- Strong scent
- No soap
- Safe for any dog
- The orange-based formula does not have strong orange-like aroma
- Harmful if the shampoo gets into eyes
Earthbath shampoo, chosen by many dog owners, is completely natural and causes no harm.
Use of only natural ingredients – Earthbath claims that it has made use of only natural constituents for preparing the shampoo. Your dog always needs high care for coat, skin o fur, and that’s why the organic or natural shampoo is the best solution. If you like to look after your doggie with eco-friendly treats, then Earthbath’s organic shampoo can be chosen. Moreover, this shampoo will not cause rashes or allergies or your dog’s skin.
No application of harsh chemicals – Many dog owners often complain that their pets start scratching their skin, just after using the shampoo every day. The main cause behind it is the irritants, found in the ordinary shampoos. However, in case of All Natural Shampoo, offered by Earthbath, no such ingredient is present. Your dog will not rip their hair or harm the coat.
No negative results – As this shampoo is organically formulated, you cannot find any carcinogenic substances, which are risky not only to dogs but also to you yourself. You don’t need to be feared for any artificial pesticide, and thus, your dog will get only positive results.
Soap free product – Earthbath’s shampoo forms no soap, while you apply it on your dog’s skin. Many of the soap-based items increase the dryness of your dog’s skin; as a result, it leads to various other issues.
Natural scents – To make the product scented, many manufacturers add harmful synthetic ingredients. However, the oatmeal shampoo of Earthbath, your dog will enjoy the natural perfume. These risk-free scents will not only give a good smell but also enhance the healing process of your dog’s body.
Properly moisturizes dry canine skin – Many shampoos damage inherent oil of your dog. Earthbath’s shampoo assists in spreading this naturally existent natural oil. In fact, the components, like oatmeal, vanilla, glycerine, almond, coconut and Aloe Vera, have made the product enriched with vitamins. They obviously retain the shiny coat of dogs.
2. Oster Oatmeal Naturals Shampoo
- Formulated with Vitamin B5 and natural conditioners to help detangle, remove static, add shine and condition the coat
- Made with 100% Natural Oatmeal to soothe and protect the skin
- 100% dye free, paraben free, alcohol free, phosphate free, phthalate free
- Proper pH balanced
- Absence of alcohol and harmful substance
- Biodegradable property
- No irritation on skin
- Natural fragrance
- May not wash away easily
- Causes lifeless skin in rare cases
Based on organic substances – Only the organic components, like chamomile and aloe vera are used to manufacture the shampoo. Besides, the shampoo also contains a blend of coconut, and so, you can apply the product not only to cleanse but also to refresh the skin or furry body of your pup. As the constituents are natural, they are completely pure, and have the ability to soothe or nourish the dog’s coat. Your pet will get softer hairs on his body.
pH balanced dog’s shampoo – Due to the right pH balance of your shampoo, you can keep up the quality of your pup’s fur. The natural oil will never get damaged. This kind of shampoo also helps to avert excessive oil production, and skin of your pup can remain perfect.
Scented product – A wonderful fragrance of mango peach may allow your dog to enjoy this bath time. Oster has not added any detrimental ingredients for making the shampoo aromatic. It’s only the natural essence, which can be traced with the oatmeal shampoo of Oster.
4-1 features – You can give your dog four benefits with a single product of Oster. It not only cleanses your dog’s fur as a shampoo but also works as a conditioner. Besides, you may easily detangle the long hair of your dog and also soothe its body, by using the product.
No issue of allergy – Normal dog shampoos have alcohols and parabens, which are not suitable for pet’s body. But, hypoallergenic product, like Oster’s Oatmeal Shampoo, doesn’t comprise these constituents. Rather, it uses organic elements, which are highly effective and never cause allergy.
3. Medicated Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
- GET ITCHY SKIN RELIEF WITH COLLOIDAL OATMEAL: Nothing is worse than having an itchy dog; shampoo for dogs with allergies can be difficult to find, though. That's why you need colloidal oatmeal to ease...
- YOU'LL ONLY NEED ONE DOG SHAMPOO FOR DRY SKIN: Too many anti itch dog shampoos don't feature both colloidal oatmeal and the healing formula that your dog needs to maintain a thick, healthy coat and...
- DOG HOT SPOT TREATMENT RELIEF: SHAMPOO FOR DOGS THAT WORKS: Nootie Pet Shampoo is dog shampoo medicated with 1% Lidocaine HCL and 1% Pramoxine HCL, key dog itching remedies. They'll act quickly to...
- THIS IS THE PREMIUM DOG SHAMPOO FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: With 30 years of experience formulating dog shampoo and conditioner, it's clear that pet care products for dogs are our passion. This gently anti...
- TRY RISK FREE: If our oatmeal shampoo for dogs doesn't leave your pet feeling 100% more comfortable, sleek, and healthy, feel free to return it for a full refund—no questions asked!
- No risk of experiencing allergy
- Best soothing results from Oatmeal
- Alleviates itching
- Sometimes causes scratching
- Skin hair falls in some cases
It’s a product, offered by Nootie, to remove all itchy feelings from the dog’s body.
Formed with the best formula – Nootie’ shampoo has been created with the right formula to offer skin-related solutions. It contains not only Oatmeal but also Pramoxine and Lidocaine HCL. And both these components are one percent in their proportion. Obviously, these components have unique benefits because they can treat scratches, pains and cuts.
Colloidal oatmeal for moisturizing – To make your puppy’s fur smooth and soft, you need to improve the hydration. And this colloidal oatmeal can help you to do so. Oatmeal acts as the best smoother because it contains the substances, like phenols and avenanthramides. Both these elements ease skin irritation of your doggie’s skin. However, remember that if you cleanse your bath for several times in a day, then the naturally present oil layer may be hampered.
Anti-itching product – Many of the dogs have a tendency to experience allergies when their shampoos do not suit them. But, Oatmeal shampoo is not likely to cause any such irritating reaction on your pup’s body. Thus, you don’t have to be concerned on whether your furry pet has any sensitive skin. In fact, oatmeal also has the power to make a balanced pH value. That is why it is best option to alleviate the conditions, like psoriasis and eczema.
Don’t affect other treatments – If your pet is presently undergoing any kind of treatment, such as, flea or tick treatment, then also you may make use of Nootie’s medicated shampoo because this product is made soap-free to ensure the comfort of your dog.
4. Perfect Coat Natural Oatmeal Shampoo
- Long-lasting French vanilla scent leaves your pet smelling fresh & clean
- With natural oatmeal and rich moisturizers
- Works to calm dry, itchy and irritated skin
- Presence of natural ingredients
- Strong effect on dogs
- Good aroma
- Removes dryness and itchiness
- Doesn’t make fur soft in some cases
- The scent may not remain for a long time
Perfect Coat is recognized for manufacturing the best dog’s shampoo, and its Natural Oatmeal Shampoo is reviewed here.
Works as moisturizers – Dry skin is always a problem not only to doggies but also to humans. If your dog’s fur is looking lifeless because of dryness, it is better to apply moisture. But, you do not need to buy moisturizer separately because Perfect Coat shampoo, manufactured with oatmeal works as the best natural moisturizers. In addition to it, the other available constituents, like Aloe Vera extract, sanitized water, propylparaben and chamomile extract may enhance the result.
Stops flaking of skin – As perfect Coat offers Oatmeal-based shampoo, your dog may also be able to reduce dandruff and skin flaking, which mainly appears during the winter season. It might go well with the top heated dog beds to keep your pooch comfortable during the season. Your beloved go may have skin allergy but it is cause mainly due to fleas and dandruff. Thus, with the application of natural shampoo on a regular basis, all the skin problems of your little pup will fade away gradually. And it does not matter, whether you have given antibiotic medications to your dog to prevent the problems.
French vanilla perfume – The dog’s shampoo from Perfect Coat is full of rich French aroma. This sweet scent will surely please your dog, while having a bath. Moreover, every pet likes to have a fresh feeling after the bath. This scented shampoo can not only clean the dirt of fur but also gives a refreshing mood to the dog. Your little pup may become more cheerful after his bath. Besides, the best fact is that this pleasurable aroma will not harm your dog because no unsafe ingredient has been added to the pet’s shampoo.
Lasting result – This dog’s shampoo has been made in such a way that its effect can be realized for an extensive period.
5. Tropiclean Pet Shampoo
- EFFECTIVELY DEODORIZES – TropiClean Aloe & Coconut Deodorizing Dog & Cat Shampoo effectively eliminates pet odors at their source while replenishing the moisture balance of your pet’s skin and...
- TROPICAL SCENT – The long lasting tropical scent of aloe and coconut leaves your pet smelling fresh and ready for cuddles!
- SAFE SOLUTION – pH Balanced, Soap Free, Paraben Free and Dye Free. Made with naturally derived ingredients and safe when used as directed on dogs and cats 12 weeks or older.
- ODOR ELIMINATING – To help further eliminate pet odors, use our Deodorizing Pet Sprays for longer lasting freshness.
- MADE IN THE USA – We proudly manufacture and ship our products with only the highest quality, naturally derived ingredients.
- Fully natural shampoo
- Organic substances constitutes 70 percent
- Free of detergents
- Best for canines and felines
- Oil from tea tree may not be good for cats
- Little difficult to detangle the fur
This is a hypoallergenic shampoo for doggies, offering a solution of about 20 oz.
Contains effective constituents – The green package of the shampoo obviously indicates that everything is natural and organic in the product. This mild cleanser of Tropiclean contains coconut as the major constituent, and thus, it is highly beneficial for your dog’s skin. The coconut extract in this shampoo helps you in cleansing the pet’s body thoroughly and gently. Another important element in this product is Aloe Vera. If you have experienced Aloe Vera previously for any skin problem, you can surely understand how the Aloe juice may benefit you. It will not only offer comforting feeling but also soothes scratchy skin.
Enriched with vitamin – Especially, vitamin E is highly desirable to make the pet’s skin look glossy.
A versatile shampoo – If you have both doggies and cats in your house, there is no need of separate shampoos for each of them. Tropiclean’s shampoo is suitable for both these pets, and it is really good news to the pet owners.
Removes bad odor – Neither you nor your pet can endure odor on the skin. However, a little puppy or kitten is likely to attract dirt, when playing throughout a day. You cannot stop it doing so. But, the only solution is to keep the filths and odors away from your pet’s skin. Tropiclean’s shampoo has been designed in such way that the intense stink of your dog’s fur may disappear after taking a bath. In fact, the bad odor is not only unpleasing to the nose but also the source of many diseases.
Detergent-free – The pet’s cleansing solutions does not affect any flea product due to its soap-free feature.
Eco-friendly – The shampoo container is recyclable and is thus eco-friendly.
6. Dog Hypoallergenic Shampoo from Burts Bees
- CLEANS AND SOFTENS — Burt's Bees Hypoallergenic Shampoo is a gentle cleanser that freshens up your dog's coat without drying out their skin
- MADE WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS — All natural ingredients include skin-moisturizing shea butter and shine-boosting honey
- DIRECTIONS — Apply to dog's wet coat. Work from head to tail and rinse, carefully avoiding eyes. As is typical with natural formulas, this shampoo will only have a light lather
- SUITABLE FOR ALL DOGS AND PUPPIES — This mild tearless shampoo is pH balanced especially for all dogs and puppies
- 100% SAFE — Veterinarian recommended formula, free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals.Age range description: All Life Stages
- Deeply moisturizes the pet’s fur
- Best quality natural ingredients
- Gentle and effective cleanser
- Smells as formalin
- Makes the skin course in some dogs
It is also an organically manufactured shampoo that suits most of the dog species.
Soothing effects of honey – As natural honey is used to make this dog’s shampoo your pooch will surely stay happy and safe. This organic constituent allows your dog to maintain the right moisture level of your pet’s furry skin. The blend of honey can cleanse the grimes of skin and also lessens the possibility of skin irritation.
Stimulating results from shea butter – This natural component is always recommended by vets and Burts Bees’s product contain this component. It enables your pet to cure eczema and many other common skin issues. The rough areas of your dog’s body can be softened with the shampoo. Besides, this element has also the power to save your dog’s skin from harmful components. Shea butter may also give a sun protection, besides moisturizing the dog’s skin effectively to improve the shine.
Fragrance-free property – Though many of the shampoos of doggies have perfumes, Burts Bees has no aroma its pet’s shampoo. Thus, if your dog does not like to smell any kind of scent, this shampoo is best for him. Moreover, when there is any perfume added to a product, there is also a risk of the present of harmful artificial substance. But, in case of Burts Bees, there is no such chance.
Absence of sulfates and colorants – These colorants and sulphates often lead to some adverse effects on the skin. As the dog’s shampoo of Burts Bees contains no such risky compounds, it is best for those dogs, which have sensitive skin.
Other ingredients, present in this shampoo – From the name of the shampoo brand, you can guess that it contains beeswax. Besides, water is obviously a common ingredient in this product. Other elements include sodium, benzoate, glycerine and many more.
7. SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula dog’s shampoo
- GENTLE HEALING – Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic and Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo for Dogs contains coal tar, salicylic acid, and micronized sulfur to treat skin scaling caused by...
- FAST ACTING – Antiparasitic and Antiseborrheic Medicated Dog Shampoo works fast to help relieve the inflamed scalp, greasy or waxy skin, red skin rashes, bald spots, itch and flaky skin associated...
- VETERINARY RECOMMENDED – Veterinary Formula Antiparasitic and Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo for Dogs is paraben, dye, and soap free. It will not remove topical spot-on flea and tick treatments...
- FORMULATED FOR DOGS – Medicated antiparasitic and antiseborrheic shampoo is specifically formulated for dogs over 12 weeks of age. The pH balanced treatment is ideal for your dog’s sensitive skin....
- EFFECTIVE AND AFFORDABLE – Veterinary Formula Clinical Care premium medicated products are created with veterinary-grade ingredients but available at a price that pet parents can afford. We know...
LEFT CONTENT GOES HERE
Treats dandruff – Many of the dogs have dandruff on their fur. At the same time red rashes also appear on the skin. This carefully formulated shampoo from SynergyLabs may help to avert all those problems. Your dog will no more have scaly skin during the dry season.
Ability to fight against infection – When your dog has been dirty for several dogs, bacteria and fungi may grow on its skin. And later, it can lead to serious infections. So, the shampoo, containing oatmeal, salicylic acid and some other substances will help in the prevention of such condition. Thus, this dog shampoo works flawless for different skin issues of canine pets. No matter whether it is minor or serious skin problem, you can try to fight against the condition with the usage of this shampoo.
Rehydrating capacity – Your dog needs a rehydration very often when there is lack of a moisture. This moisturizing effect can be gained very easily with SynergyLabs’ shampoo. You may plan to use this shampoo for about two to three times every week. Gradually, you will see that the disease is getting healed.
These are some major dogs’ shampoos, available in the market. You can buy the best one for your dog. Remember that shampooing is one of the best ways for nourish your dogs. You can also check out the best grooming supplies for your dogs.
But, the average quality shampoos are not always suitable for all dogs. The shampoos, created with specialized formula will give the best result to your dogs. All the above products are natural, and thus, they are not expected to cause any undesirable effect.